Dream Foundation, the only national dream-granting organization for terminally-ill adults, fulfills final Dreams that provide inspiration, comfort and closure at the end of life. With the support of a nationwide network of volunteers, hospices, health care organizations and committed donors, Dream Foundation has given life to more than 27,000 final Dreams over the past two decades and has never turned down a qualified applicant.
This application must be completed by hospice representatives only please. Dream applicants, friends, and family members are asked to complete the General Application.
Help us give life to a final Dream…
- Please read this form very carefully and follow all the instructions to complete all the steps necessary to make your patient’s Dream come true
- Providing the most accurate and current life expectancy possible helps expedite the application
- You will find many answers to your questions in our Frequently Asked Questions section.
- Please submit all required information; incomplete applications will delay processing of the application
We do not fulfill certain types of Dreams:
- Requests for adults with chronic illnesses, unless they are in their last years of life
- Requests from individuals living outside of the United States
- Surprise Dreams
- Reimbursements for completed Dreams
- Legal assistance
- Automobiles, lifts, repairs, and RV rentals
- Property and home improvements and repairs
- Funeral arrangements or posthumous requests
- Travel outside of the United States*
- Medical treatment/supplies/equipment/transportation or dental extractions
- Any Dream request deemed offensive, inappropriate or inconsistent with Dream Foundation values or those of our corporate sponsors
*On a case-by-case basis we may allow one-way travel to countries outside of the U.S. for patients who wish to die at home and consider travel to other U.S. territories.
The Dream application can be completed online or mailed to: Dream Foundation, 1528 Chapala Street, Suite 304 Santa Barbara, CA 93101. We suggest you print the entire application here for reference before completing the online form.
We cannot process any incomplete applications. Please read our Dream FAQs and the above information before completing the application. If you don’t file taxes, you can provide other proof of annual income (e.g. supplemental security income (SSI), disability statement or bank statement).
For general questions in regards to the application process, please contact email@example.com or call (805) 564-2131 x101