We want to let you know about Dream Foundation’s response to the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation with our continued focus on guarding the safety and well-being of our Dream Recipients, their families and caretakers as well as our volunteers.
Dream Foundation will continue to fulfill final Dreams during this time, but we are taking certain precautions and are monitoring the situation closely.
- At present, we will be evaluating all travel Dream requests on a case by case basis.
- In keeping with the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we will be suspending all Dream requests to largely attended events or theme parks, where there may be an increased risk of contamination. We will work with applicants who request such Dreams to suggest alternatives.
We do not intend these changes to last long and will return to our regular operations as soon as it is safe and secure for Dream Recipients and our community at large.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding as we navigate this unprecedented situation.
Dream Foundation’s Dreams touch lives, meet essential needs and provide inspiration, comfort and closure at the end of life. Over the past two decades, our Dreams have provided psychosocial and emotional support tailored to thousands of terminally-ill adults and their families. Our work plays a critical role in the special end-of-life care that focuses on improving quality of life for patients and their families. With the support of a nationwide network of volunteers, hospices, health care organizations and committed donors, Dream Foundation has given life to more than 32,000 Dreams over the past 25 years.
Every Dream Begins with a Referral
Dream Foundation relies on Dream referrals from health care professionals and social workers to help us reach more adults with life-limiting medical conditions every year to give life to their final Dreams. With your help, we can achieve our mission — fulfilling a Dream for everyone who needs one.
We do not fulfill certain types of Dreams:
- Requests for adults with chronic illnesses, unless they are in their last year of life
- Requests from individuals living outside of the United States
- Surprise Dreams
- Reimbursements for completed Dreams
- Legal assistance
- Automobiles, lifts, repairs and RV rentals
- Property and home improvements and repairs
- Funeral arrangements or posthumous requests
- Travel outside of the United States*
- Medical treatment/supplies/equipment/transportation or dental extractions
- Cash or financial assistance
- Any Dream request in violation of the rules, policies or procedures of our organization or that of our
corporate partners, in effect from time to time.
*On a case-by-case basis we may allow one-way travel to countries outside of the U.S. for patients who wish to die at home and consider travel to other U.S. territories.
For more information on our Dream programs please visit:
Questions about your application? Please contact email@example.com or call (805) 564-2131 x101