We are continuing to fulfill Dreams throughout the restrictions imposed by COVID-19, so please apply now if you are eligible for our Dream Program, or if you are helping someone eligible apply.
In the list below you will see the kinds of Dreams that we can fulfill immediately as they work within the current guidelines for social distancing and other measures laid out to protect all of us.
We will continue to monitor guidance from national and international public health and government organizations, including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and U.S. State Department, and we will always keep the best interest of Dream recipients and their families at the center of all policy decisions that we make.
WHATEVER YOUR DREAM, IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU APPLY NOW IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR OUR DREAM PROGRAM.
You may still choose to wait for all restrictions to lift for your Dream after your application has been accepted, but you won’t have to wait for your application to be processed.
DREAMS WE CAN CURRENTLY FULFILL
Dreams involving travel:
- With more hotels and restaurants open again, we are happy to consider road trips within your home and surrounding states
- We will consider Dreams that include air travel to a bedside reunion on a case by case basis only
If you’d like to meet a celebrity or your sports hero, we can still arrange for you to have:
- Signed items and fan packages
- Personalized video messages
- Video calls
With travel very restricted, theme parks closed and social distancing, we can still:
- Provide tablets, computers or phones for video chats with friends and family
- Provide materials for a theme party or themed movie night at home to celebrate life, the love of Disney or whatever else it might be
With restaurants and other gathering places closed, we can:
- Provide a catered meal for a family
- Provide money so a Dream recipient is able to order food during this time
- Help Dream recipients have an online lunch date with a loved one by providing a computer, tablet or web camera to make a video call possible
With being confined at home, we can help Dream recipients to be more comfortable by providing:
- Recliner chairs
- Comfortable beds or mattress toppers
- Gaming consoles, so Dream recipients can play games with their children without leaving the home
- Helping to pay for streaming services, so recipients and families are able to watch favorite movies together
- Smart TVs that are large enough so everyone has a good view
This is only a general guide as we love to fulfill all kinds of Dreams. What are you dreaming of?
If you have any questions about your application, please call us at 1-888-4-DREAMS during normal office hours, PST time zone. We are here to help you!
Dream Foundation’s Dreams touch lives, meet essential needs and provide inspiration, comfort and closure at the end of life. Over the past two decades, our Dreams have provided psychosocial and emotional support tailored to thousands of terminally-ill adults and their families. Our work plays a critical role in the special end-of-life care that focuses on improving quality of life for patients and their families. With the support of a nationwide network of volunteers, hospices, health care organizations and committed donors, Dream Foundation has given life to more than 32,000 Dreams over the past 25 years.
Every Dream Begins with a Referral
Dream Foundation relies on Dream referrals from health care professionals and social workers to help us reach more adults with life-limiting medical conditions every year to give life to their final Dreams. With your help, we can achieve our mission — fulfilling a Dream for everyone who needs one.
We do not fulfill certain types of Dreams:
- Requests for adults with chronic illnesses, unless they are in their last year of life
- Requests from individuals living outside of the United States
- Surprise Dreams
- Reimbursements for completed Dreams
- Legal assistance
- Automobiles, lifts, repairs and RV rentals
- Property and home improvements and repairs
- Funeral arrangements or posthumous requests
- Travel outside of the United States*
- Medical treatment/supplies/equipment/transportation or dental extractions
- Cash or financial assistance
- Any Dream request in violation of the rules, policies or procedures of our organization or that of our
corporate partners, in effect from time to time.
*On a case-by-case basis we may allow one-way travel to countries outside of the U.S. for patients who wish to die at home and consider travel to other U.S. territories.
For more information on our Dream programs please visit:
Questions about your application? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 564-2131 x101