We are continuing to fulfill Dreams throughout the restrictions imposed by COVID-19, so please apply now if you are eligible for our Dream Program, or if you are helping someone eligible apply.
In the list below you will see the kinds of Dreams that we can fulfill immediately as they work within the current guidelines for social distancing and other measures laid out to protect all of us.
We will continue to monitor guidance from national and international public health and government organizations, including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and U.S. State Department, and we will always keep the best interest of Dream recipients and their families at the center of all policy decisions that we make.
WHATEVER YOUR DREAM, IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU APPLY NOW IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR OUR DREAM PROGRAM.
You may still choose to wait for all restrictions to lift for your Dream after your application has been accepted, but you won’t have to wait for your application to be processed.
DREAMS WE CAN CURRENTLY FULFILL
Dreams involving travel:
- With more hotels and restaurants open again, we are happy to consider road trips within your home and surrounding states
- We will consider Dreams that include air travel to a bedside reunion on a case by case basis only
If you’d like to meet a celebrity or your sports hero, we can still arrange for you to have:
- Signed items and fan packages
- Personalized video messages
- Video calls
With travel very restricted, theme parks closed and social distancing, we can still:
- Provide tablets, computers or phones for video chats with friends and family
- Provide materials for a theme party or themed movie night at home to celebrate life, the love of Disney or whatever else it might be
With restaurants and other gathering places closed, we can:
- Provide a catered meal for a family
- Provide money so a Dream recipient is able to order food during this time
- Help Dream recipients have an online lunch date with a loved one by providing a computer, tablet or web camera to make a video call possible
With being confined at home, we can help Dream recipients to be more comfortable by providing:
- Recliner chairs
- Comfortable beds or mattress toppers
- Gaming consoles, so Dream recipients can play games with their children without leaving the home
- Helping to pay for streaming services, so recipients and families are able to watch favorite movies together
- Smart TVs that are large enough so everyone has a good view
This is only a general guide as we love to fulfill all kinds of Dreams. What are you dreaming of?
If you have any questions about your application, please call us at 1-888-4-DREAMS during normal office hours, PST time zone. We are here to help you!
Officially launched in Washington, D.C., in 2015, Dream Foundation’s Dreams for Veterans program tailors the Dream experience to veterans and their families. Dream recipients are U.S. military veterans who served from World War II to the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars, and every conflict in between; those who served during peacetime or who currently serve on active duty, in the Reserve and National Guard. Dreams for Veterans honors our veterans’ service by fulfilling their final Dream, providing them, their families and caregivers inspiration, comfort and closure at the end of life.
If you served, you can Dream.
Dreams not only serve veterans, but also bring comfort and peace to their loved ones and caregivers. Dreams play a critical role in the special end-of-life care that focuses on improving quality of life for veterans and their families.
Dream recipients live in the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii, are U.S. military veterans 18 and older diagnosed with a life-limiting illness and a life expectancy of 12 months or less, can provide proof of U.S. military service* and lack the resources to fulfill the Dream themselves. If the applicant is currently serving on active duty, in the Reserve or National Guard, proof of service is required.
*If applicants are unable to provide a copy of their discharge papers or other proof of service or prefer not to share those forms, please feel free to apply for a Dream through our Dream Program.
Questions about your application? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 564-2131 x101
Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) Number: 10679