Dream Foundation, the only national dream-granting organization for terminally-ill adults, fulfills final Dreams that provide inspiration, comfort and closure at the end of life. With the support of a nationwide network of volunteers, hospices, health care organizations and committed donors, Dream Foundation has given life to more than 32,000 final Dreams over the past 25 years.
This application must be completed by hospice representatives only please. Dream applicants, friends, and family members are asked to complete the General Application.
Help us give life to a final Dream…
- Please read this form very carefully and follow all the instructions to complete all the steps necessary to make your patient’s Dream come true
- Providing the most accurate and current life expectancy possible helps expedite the application
- You will find many answers to your questions in our Frequently Asked Questions section.
- Please submit all required information; incomplete applications will delay processing of the application
We do not fulfill certain types of Dreams:
- Requests for adults with chronic illnesses – with the exception of individuals with a clinical prognosis of 9 months or less
- Requests from individuals living outside the USA and Puerto Rico
- Surprise Dreams
- Legal assistance
- Cash/Financial assistance
- Funeral arrangements or posthumous requests
- Automobiles, Lifts, Repairs, RVs or Rentals
- Travel outside of the U.S. and Puerto Rico. On a case-by-case basis we may allow one-way travel outside of the U.S. and Puerto Rico for patients who wish to die at home
- Property and home improvements and repairs
- Medical treatment/supplies/equipment/transport
- Any Dream request deemed offensive, inappropriate or inconsistent with Dream Foundation values or those of our corporate partners
The Dream application can be completed online or mailed to: Dream Foundation, 1528 Chapala Street, Suite 304 Santa Barbara, CA 93101. We suggest you print the entire application here for reference before completing the online form.
We cannot process any incomplete applications. Please read our Dream FAQs and the above information before completing the application. If you don’t file taxes, you can provide other proof of annual income (e.g. supplemental security income (SSI), disability statement or bank statement).