The Vice President of Development is responsible for the design and implementation of the organization’s fundraising and donor stewardship strategies to support the annual operating budget and projects. This position is responsible for ensuring that all development programs meet the targeted annual goals and increase overall giving to the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement an annual development and stewardship plan based on the operational funding needs of the organization.
- Develop and coordinate annual strategies for major gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Develop and execute effective strategies for prospect identification, cultivation, solcitation and stewardship.
- Establish annual qualitative and quantitaive goals, objectives and key accountabilities to increase donors and dollars raised.
- Generate quarterly reports demonstrating achievement of fundraising goals and objectives.
- Ensure development budget and resources are aligned with business objectives for maximum results.
- Guide, manage and motivate development staff, as well as any other staff members who may have been assigned development responsibilities, while articulating long-term, annual and immediate fundraising goals and objectives.
- Ensure donors and corporate sponsors receive prompt and proper acknowledgement and recognition for their contributions and support.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Partners to develop appropriate communications and marketing strategies to support the organization’s development plan.
- Uphold donor intent by ensuring any restrictions or designations placed on a gift by the donor are fulfilled.
- Pursue opportunities to promote the mission of the Dream Foundation.
- Attend board, staff and committee meetings as requested.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years development experience with a proven track record demonstrating solid fundraising results and success with major gift solicitation
- Ability to successfully develop, implement and track effective development processes
- Strong field experience in direct cultivation and solicitation of major gift prospects
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships and networks externally
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Pages and Internet)
You can download a copy of this pdf by clicking here.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls please.