Dream Foundation, the only national dream-granting organization for terminally-ill adults, fulfills final Dreams that provide inspiration, comfort and closure at the end of life. With the support of a nationwide network of volunteers, hospices, health care organizations and committed donors, Dream Foundation has given life to more than 32,000 final Dreams over the past 25 years.
Dream Application Guidelines
- If you are under hospice care, please have your hospice representative submit a Hospice Application
- Please read this form very carefully and follow all the instructions to complete the steps necessary to make your Dream come true
- You will find many answers to your questions in our Frequently Asked Questions section
- Please submit all required information; incomplete applications will be denied
We do not fulfill certain types of Dreams:
- Requests for adults with chronic illnesses – with the exception of individuals with a clinical prognosis of 12 months or less
- Requests from individuals living outside of the United States
- Surprise Dreams
- Legal assistance
- Cash/Financial assistance
- Funeral arrangements or posthumous requests
- Automobiles, Lifts, Repairs, RVs or Rentals
- Travel outside of the United States*
- Property and home improvements and repairs
- Medical treatment/supplies/equipment/transport
- Any Dream request deemed offensive, inappropriate or inconsistent with Dream Foundation values or those of our corporate partners
*On a case-by-case basis we may allow one-way travel to countries outside of the U.S. for patients who wish to die at home and consider travel to other U.S. territories.
The Dream application can be completed online or mailed to: Dream Foundation, 1528 Chapala Street, Suite 304 Santa Barbara, CA 93101. We suggest you print the entire application here for reference before completing the online form.
We cannot process any incomplete applications. Please read our Dream FAQs and the above information before completing the application. If you don’t file taxes, you can provide other proof of annual income (e.g. supplemental security income (SSI), disability statement or bank statement).
Questions about your application? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 564-2131 x101